The Google Ad Grants programme offers up to USD 10,000 per month of Google AdWords advertising to eligible non-profit organisations and associations so that they can raise their profile.
This programme has some limitations in terms of managing AdWords campaigns:
- The maximum daily budget is USD 329 per day, i.e. approximately USD 10,000 per month.
- The maximum cost-per-click (CPC) is USD 2.00. Only the “Optimise conversions” strategy can set bids greater than USD 2.00.
- Only keyword-targeted campaigns are allowed.
- Only text ads appearing on Google search results pages are allowed, with priority given to ads for which the advertisers have paid.
The new Google Ad Grants 2018 rules and regulations
Be aware that since January 2018, the terms and conditions of the programme have been strengthened with additional requirements:
- A minimum click through rate (CTR) of 5% is required.
- Advertisers will no longer be able to bid on brand names that do not belong to them.
- The quality score of keywords should be at least 3.
- Campaigns must consist of at least 2 active ad groups with at least 2 active ads each.
- Each Ad Grants account must have at least 2 active sitelink extensions.
- Geographic targeting needs to be in place.
- Keywords composed of a single word are not allowed, except for brand names and some specific keywords (donation, association, abuse, etc.).
- Generic keywords, place names, historical events, and names of people are not allowed.
Accounts that violate these new rules and regulations may be suspended from the Google Ad Grants programme.
You want to give more visibility to your NGO or your association? At Suisseo, our Google Ad Grants account management experts can help you apply for the programme and upgrade your campaigns to remain eligible. So, do not hesitate to contact us!